A 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, this company is an advocate for laboratory animal science and research. It supports educational outreach on the essential role of responsible laboratory animal care.
They were interested in creating an engaging mobile game to teach students about responsible laboratory animal care. This required a depiction of various activities being performed on animals to maintain their hygiene and the tools used to perform these activities.
A game was developed that would simulate the real-time environment of an animal and the activities being performed in a biomedical research lab. Students can select an animal and use the necessary tools to maintain the hygiene of an animal. Additionally, educational videos show students how to play the game. Students will earn ribbons when they are successful and when they are not, an avatar will give them feedback telling them what they did wrong.
- It is a time trial game that simulates a typical biomedical research lab scenario.
- The activities performed on the animals will mirror real-life procedures.
- Simulate the real-time environment of an animal in a biomedical research lab.
- Trivia questions are included.
- Positive reinforcement for taking good care of an animal.