Flash-Based Digital Interactive Books
One of the largest publishers for K–12, Higher Ed, and Professional Learning materials offers their print material using their digital platform as a CD-based product for an enhanced and interactive classroom experience.
The publisher had a requirement to create a CD-based product that would enable school teachers to use the standard print books in an interactive manner with multimedia components. In addition, the product had to allow teachers to add external resources and prepare customized activities in order to manage their classroom teaching session.
- Flash-based products were developed for two levels.
- Multiple features like toolbar for annotations, page previewing options, IWB mode, and interactivities were added.
- 110+ interactivities/games were produced based on 7 xml-based templates.
- Audio/Video scripts were equipped with sentence-level highlighting capabilities.
- The entire CD product was packaged with separate installers for different target environments–Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Developed a robust product that covered a wide range of environments used in schools.
- The interactivities were prepared for use either as standalone learning objects or as embedded elements in the product.