Client had a CD-based product for K–12 health education of classes that could only be used on desktops.
They required the product to be revamped so the content would be available online and offline to teachers and students. It was also necessary to enhance the product and create a modern version with a contemporary look and feel. The product they envisioned would be a licensed product with inbuilt user management and course management available for classroom/group/self learning.
The challenge was in reverse engineering the product and cracking the database code and complex business logic to migrate the existing product into a web-based product that would meet all their business requirements. A licensed user could access the product both in the online and offline mode. Magic EdTech created a library of animations and illustrations, and enhanced existing images in the vector format. The Web application was also integrated with their education product framework that has been used for AIA & AIO products. The product was developed for MAC, Windows, and Linux systems.
- Curriculum Resources – Digitizing the content for the Health & Wellness module and integrating it as a book module with AIO.
- Recreating a detailed library of images for reference to assist instructors and help students.
- Dissectible Anatomy – This module was migrated from a desktop application to a web-based one. Images were enhanced and recreated for the different body structures.
- The Inside Story – Magic EdTech worked on engaging graphic content and recreation of animations covering the 12 body systems.
- 3D Anatomy – Work was done on the existing, fully-rotating 3D anatomical images with an animated tour of each body part, and the application was developed to recreate the 3D functionality in the online version.
- Self Assessment – Students could test, reinforce, and assess their comprehension with quizzes and puzzles.