How Magicbox Solves the Biggest E-Book Distribution Problems
- 1. An established publisher will have a nearly endless collection of legacy content encased in PDF’s. The hours that would be required to systematically work through each file to convert it to high-fidelity, IDPF compliant, ePub3’s is insurmountable. MagicBox’s one-click publishing feature which leverages the SmartPage platform, enabling you to focus on growing your business instead of converting files.
- 2. Without an overarching platform that encompasses all e-book libraries and assessments, teachers and students are required to log into multiple platforms to access their material. A system like this creates a logistical nightmare and often results in educational losses as students grow frustrated with the system and stop trying to make it work. With a central location for e-books and assessments, students and staff can focus their attention on their education instead of trying to remember what platform they need to use.
- 3. The Student Pulse Survey conducted by Top Hat revealed that 94% of students want to be able to access their educational material from their phones! This has prompted many schools and districts to demand support for mobile devices such as iPad, iPhones, Google Chromebooks etc. However, content designed for desktop computers becomes hard to navigate on a mobile device, and content understanding decreases. MagicBox’s eReader is optimized to provide content across platforms including various mobile devices, desktops or Mac computers. Using the eReader, students can seamlessly enjoy the same media-rich interactives, audio and video content on their mobile devices, or from their desktop computer.
- 4. In the current digital world, content is always at risk of piracy and loss of profit due to unscrupulous enterprisers. Utilizing digital rights management can play a vital role in preventing losses due to content security. MagicBox’s digital rights management module enables you to keep your content safe while allowing easy access for licensed users. Through a variety of means, including content encryption using AES 256 encryption standards, licensed content for schools, teachers and individual users, creating access codes for textbooks, or management of users and subscriptions, MagicBox keeps your content security as a prime focus.
- 5. One of the biggest issues that publishers face while rolling out a platform is onboarding schools and customers. Districts have realized the same, and demand compliance with different rostering standards like Clever, OneRoster, LTI or Google classroom. MagicBox is compliant with all these standards. Our state-of-the-art programming allows for seamless integration with various LMS. With our careful attention and expertise, onboarding schools and customers will be an enjoyable experience for all.