MagicBox for the Flipped Classroom Experience!
It’s got to be MagicBox for the Flipped Classroom Experience!
MagicBox, the award-winning mobile learning & distribution platform, preferred by publishers
NEWARK, NEW JERSEY, USA, September 4, 2014 /EINPresswire.com/ — “The way we were taught is not necessarily the way we should be teaching students.”
The conventional classroom model is today seeing dramatic changes thanks to technology transforming the way education is being delivered. The use of tablets and smartphones by students; the use of online tools by teachers are signs of changing times, but perhaps one of the most interesting developments is the flipped classroom.
The flipped classroom model leverages existing technologies so that students can learn on their own at home and the teacher can spend more time in class interacting with students. This is most commonly done using interactive eBooks, Apps, presentations, simulations and videos that students refer to, outside of class time.
Using online tools, teachers assign study material to students before the next class and guide their students to deeper thinking and higher levels of application, allowing learners to learn at their own pace.
This much needed 360 degree shift wherein all the learning happens back at home and the time in class is spent in guidance and personalized interactions between students and teachers, makes the flipped classroom the ideal one. Flipped teaching actually changes the role of a stereotypical teacher, “from sage on the stage to guide by the side”! Learner centered and instructor-facilitated learning, as it should be.
Any technology that aids the flipped classroom concept must encompass interactive content creation by publishers, teachers and students, introduce effective differentiation in instructional strategies, promote collaboration and communication and support self-paced, personalized learning seamlessly.
Here’s where MagicBox the mobile learning platform from Magic Software steps in. Imbibing the years of experience of working on the newest trends in education technology, Magic Software launched MagicBox to be a scalable and flexible digital platform that actually facilitates the flipped classroom model very efficiently.
- Anytime, anywhere learning both in online and offline mode. This removes the constant dependency on the internet and allows students to learn at their own pace without the time limitation prevailing in the classroom.
- A seamless learning experience through use of rich interactive content that is akin to a teacher teaching with a wide variety of resources at hand.
- Multi-format resources that can be housed in the product ranging from ebooks, activities, games, assessments, etc.
- Personalized teaching wherein the teacher can work out customized lesson plans and assign them to individual students thereby providing focused teaching based on individual strengths.
- Monitoring of learning outcomes by teachers in the class/outside the class. The strong analytics measures the students’ performance and helps the teacher focus on those aspects when back in class.
- The adding of self-evaluated assessments by both teachers and publishers into the content. This enables student to ascertain their understanding of any concept.
- Interoperability because it complies with all existing standards. MagicBox logs/records every interaction that the student has within the platform. Teachers can easily look at reports for the entire class and find out which student has spent how much time on the assigned work.
Since MagicBox is constantly being enhanced to make the learning/teaching experience efficient and exciting, it is invaluable to learning under the flipped classroom model.
Indeed, MagicBox facilitates flipped learning where students no longer struggle alone with challenging concepts outside of class; where the learner is given responsibility and ownership of their own learning; where value is added to learning with no down time for students – a step towards more independent motivated learners. So, for that changed classroom experience, let’s flip it on!
Magic Software is a mobile education technology company partnering with the top 100 global publishers, technology companies and content providers to build next generation digital platforms and products to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of digital learning. MagicBox is our award-winning cloud-based mobile learning and distribution platform, specially suited to K12. Wish to learn more? Get more information at: www.magicedtech.com and www.getmagicbox.com