The client is a leading provider of software, assessment, and analytics solutions that enhance learning outcomes and skills proficiency.
The client needed a reliable partner to upgrade their Moodle portal environment from version 2.7 to 3.9. They also required an update to the LAMP stack (PHP, MySQL, and OS). The upgrade was prompted by a security vulnerability report from an Application Penetration Test conducted on the system built in 2014.
Critical Success Factors
- Upgrade the Moodle portal from version 2.7 to version 3.9, including updating the LAMP stack (PHP, MySQL, and OS).
- Address the security concerns identified in the third-party security audit report, which found 27 vulnerabilities (9 Critical, 11 Severe, 7 Moderate), by implementing necessary fixes during the platform upgrade.
- Review and update the existing custom modules within the system to ensure compatibility with the new Moodle environment.
- The Moodle system was successfully upgraded iteratively from version 2.7 to 3.9.
- Updated the custom plugins to ensure compatibility with Moodle version 3.9.
- Utilized AWS RDS Performance Insights and continuous LightHouse Performance testing during development to enhance system performance.
- Eliminated long-suspended cron jobs and unwanted stored data from the storage,thereby optimizing system performance and storage usage.