The client is one of the world’s leading learning content providers in the US.
The client was looking to transform and distribute excel-based assessment content into a QTI format that is acceptable by third-party assessments platforms.
Critical Success Factors
- The solution needed to be capable of generating output in the latest QTI format, suitable for multi-channel delivery.
- Conversion of multiple assessments into QTI packages were required at scale.
- We were required to establish a feasible long term, mass volume project workflow.
- Enable strong governance and quality management standards.
- Automation was delivered through a template-based approach for dynamic metadata.
- We built them flexible templates that could be modified or altered.
- Created an interface to select the right QTI type (1.2, 2.1 or 3.0) for conversion to QTI Packages.
- Automated validation of items against IMS Global Standards (now 1EdTech) to ensure compliance during the pre-ingestion phase.
- Delivered an easy upload process to Canvas and other QTI-supported LMS. All further QTI-converted questions would render in these platforms.