The client is a global “knowledge leader” that has been in operation for over 100 years and has been pioneering digital learning since the 1980s for students, lifelong learners, and professionals.
The client offers a digital learning product that is designed to ignite curiosity, enrich the lives of students, and celebrate independent discovery. To aid in the effective implementation and use of this product in K-12 settings, the client needed ancillary materials developed for teachers of elementary and middle school learners.
Critical Success Factors
- Quality teacher materials (TMs) developed for each of over 100 lessons to accompany the product in time for its classroom (or hybrid setting) use during the forthcoming academic year.
- Teacher materials that summarize, extend, and support the diversity of disciplines and topics covered across the eclectic, individual lessons – including history, government, economics, physics, biology, geology, and earth science.
- The teacher materials explicitly align the content of the lessons with national standards while also providing teachers with an inventory of the skills students practice by engaging with the lesson(s) – providing insights on outcomes to be achieved.
- Magic provided subject matter experts (SMEs) who are also current and former K-12 educators and who individually teach (or taught) the discipline with which they were charged.
- Magic’s SMEs worked collaboratively with the client editorial team to establish templates that govern the teacher materials, creating a framework in which the content could be developed, edited, and released consistently, predictably, and quickly.
- TMs were developed to contain the following features: lesson summary; list of key concepts; alignment with national standards; skills inventory; content “background” (tapping students’ schemata); suggestions to promote active, exploratory learning; prompts to foster collaboration; new project ideas.