The Present and the Future of Game-Based Learning in the Ed Tech Industry?
- 21 September, 2021
- Reading Time: 14 min
Conversations on modernizing education should provide strategies for keeping students motivated and ensuring that they are practicing strategic thinking, confidence, and creativity—skills that they will need in the future workplace.
While there are several options available to work around this issue, game-based learning has become one of the most interactive ways to accelerate the ed-tech industry. This approach to teaching is particularly well-suited to maximizing the advantages of a digital content for higher education.
What is Game-Based Learning?
Game-based learning is related to the cognitive field of the product, its presentation, and its visual attractiveness. Gamification uses various motivational factors, such as scorecards that promote competition amongst users.
On the other hand, game-oriented learning gets based around the idea of teaching through repetition, defeat, and goal achievement and is the foundation of any simulation-based learning. The learner begins slowly and improves their skills until they overcome the most challenging levels with ease. Games that are well-planned and built have enough complexity to keep the player interested while being simple enough to win. The collaboration, communication and social learning tools can be used as stand-alone applications or integrated into the Learning Management System as per its asynchronous or synchronous nature.
Benefits of Game-Based Learning for K12 Kids Education
The current generation is now called early-digital or pre-digital. Let us look at a few benefits that simulations and game-based learning can have.
1. Boosts self-confidence: Gamification & Simulation-based learning increases children’s self-confidence. As when they progress through the levels, children feel a sense of accomplishment.
2. A better understanding of concepts: By Game-Based Learning, children’s conceptual knowledge and skills improve. This is because immersive gaming and the specially curated digital learning content help children understand subjects more effectively. This has the effect of increasing children’s levels of commitment and effectively encouraging high-quality learning.
3. Sharpens memory: Game-based learning has been shown to improve children’s memory. Learning ideas by visuals improves retention and sharpens children’s brains. Visual learning reduces learning time and increases memory processing, allowing students to grasp concepts more quickly.
4. Enhancement in using motor abilities: Upon using the keyboard of the computer for gamification, you will be able to participate fully in using the controls. The focus on the screen while using the functions can help improve spatial navigation. These skills are necessary even beyond the classroom.
5. Improvement in analytical skills: Working and analytical skills are more likely to improve with game-based learning, as this accomplishes by playing games that encourage logical reasoning and analytical thinking. Simplifying the user interface is a task but continuous encounters of such tools help in refining individual’s disabilities and capabilities.
What does the Future of Game-Based Learning hold in the Ed Tech Industry?
There has been a significant rise in the transition from traditional to online learning. Interactive and innovative means make learning knowledgeable and fun. They thereby bring a revolution each year introducing new games with new concepts. Meanwhile, Ed-tech learning has inclined itself to be effective and personalized teaching methods. With the rise in online tutoring, teachers look forward to game-based learning more profoundly.
When students can take part actively, they perform more effectively. As they advance in their schooling, there is less time available for each student. It gets more challenging to schedule programs and provides the resources to develop new ideas to involve students.
Schools can help students engage with subjects and have much-needed preparation and experience using computer games, gaming of curriculum, and game-based learning. If more classrooms and courses, especially online classes, see game-based learning benefits, it will become a standard part of education.
As Simulations & Game Based Learning are gaining popularity, it’s time to implement them. Most learning and training solutions are targeting specific markets and geographies. Are you an educational institute and looking for implementing & new interactive options to your education system? Then Magic EdTech will help you with their wide range of solutions & technology for practical learning ideas.