1. Cookie Definitions
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device, which is like computer memory.
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
2. What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
- Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes.
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
If you prevent these cookies, we can’t guarantee how the website or the security on the website will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use the website, e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the website works, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the website is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their site
- Obtain data on the number of users of the website that have viewed a product or service
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the website
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colors
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Remember if you have engaged with a specific component or list on the website so that it won’t repeat
- Show you when you’re logged in to the website
- To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Targeting’ cookies are used to track your visit to the website, as well other websites, apps and online services, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows us to display targeted ads to you on the website.
We may use targeting cookies to:
- Display targeted ads within the website.
- To improve how we deliver personalized ads and content, and to measure the success of ad campaigns on the website.
3. When do we require your consent?
All cookies require your consent.
We request your consent before placing them on your device. You can give your consent by clicking on the appropriate button on the banner displayed to you. If you do not wish to give consent or wish to withdraw your consent to any cookies at any time, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling these cookies will affect the functionality of the website and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the website
4. How to Delete and Block our Cookies?
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
More information. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit More about cookies.