The client is an aggretor and receives content from multiple publishers.
The task ahead of the client was to convert these disparate file formats into uniform ePub 3 files and ingest them seamlessly into their platform to distribute them further.
Critical Success Parameters
- The volume of content was around half a million titles and they were in different PDF and Word formats.
- They wanted to get them converted into ePub3 files in a very short period.
- A manual approach would have cost them millions of dollars. They approached Magic to see if there was a way to create a process and a tool that could automate these conversions.
- A simple PDF to ePub converter wouldn’t work since there were multiple legacy PDF file formats involved here.
- We spent 2 weeks onsite at customer location to evaluate different inputs and talk to stakeholders and understand their challenges. We then evaluated the end platform to understand the nuances of ingestions.
- A team of content and technology architects worked on multiple automation frameworks too derive an optimal solution.
- We piloted 600 books using the tool to validate the approach and help instill confidence in the customer.