The Future of Tech-Enabled Professional Learning and Development
Brief description of the episode
In the 7th episode of Tech in EdTech, as Amber Orenstein, BetterLesson talks about the future of tech-enabled professional learning and development with Annu C Singh, Magic EdTech. Listen Now!
- Adaptive digital products are awesome, but if they are not used by a master teacher, the tools can not be effective
- There is no better lever that we can pool for our students than supporting the educator, teachers, principals, and administrators
- If you improve teacher practice and their ability to focus on student-centered learning, you are going to create stronger student outcomes
- Create an environment where teachers can feel successful and confident in their work, where they can feel supported and ready for the day and future.
- The more we can make teachers feel grounded the better they can navigate the changes they encounter
- Teachers want and need to learn more about how to support students and themselves through unprecedented times that we witnessed with the pandemic.
- Teachers to do so much more than teach reading and math
Support students as whole people, understand each student, what they are going through, and help them overcome trauma
- Teachers and administrators need expert support and training.
- Building professional learning experiences and strategies that evolve to meet the changing needs of students
- No replacement for a high-quality teacher that is well prepared and can anticipate the needs of their students
- Rather than dreading using another learning tool, building professional learning pathways, workshops, and coaching with help teachers succeed in implementing these programs
- Focusing on making tools, teachers, and the classroom ecosystem fit together will help provide exceptional support and experiences for students and educators
Subscribe to receive the latest episode in your inbox.