The customer is one of the largest companies in educational publishing, assessment services, and digital learning (content & platforms) in the world.
They operate in 70 countries within K12, Higher Ed, & Workforce Learning.
The customer was looking to increase the utilization of it’s digital ebook authoring platform. In addition to performance bottlenecks, the tool suffered from non-functioning features, an incomplete feature set, and an inefficient workflow, all of which contributed to a poor user experience for authors and other contributors. Magic was tasked with improving the adoption of the platform and enabling authors to meet their targets for titles and books.
Critical Success Factors
- User Experience: Create a simple, efficient, and intuitive workflow that meets the WCAG 2.0 guidelines for Accessibility.
- Stability: Content creation and authoring workflows must be seamless with unexpected cases being handled well.
- Performance: A 3-second load time for a TOC with 800 slates, with an average of 100 elements per slate. 5-second load time for all current and previous comments in the review tool.
- Built all the UI components based on Atomic Pattern and the functional components like data processing layer, Frame communication layer, TOC were developed considering reusability.
- The new architecture was based on loose coupling and separation of concern architecture design principles.
- Transformed to Micro Front-end Applications (Single-Page Applications).
- Microservices were developed following the backend for the frontend architecture.