Science & Engineering Virtual Labs
The largest publisher for K–12, Higher Ed, and Professional Learning materials. It offers NGS standards-based science virtual labs (VL) as part of their science curriculum. These VLs span across science subjects and grade bands ranging from elementary to higher education. VLs are designed to be used in classrooms across the world.
Program–“Science & Engineering Virtual Labs” required the NGS and State standard-based 57 interactive virtual labs for grades K–8. End-to-end development of digital Interactives designed for iOS, Android, and Windows had to have the following features: accessibility support in interactives, responsive data capturing through Tin Can API, NGS Standards correlations, and photo-realistic art and animations.
Magic proposed a strategy and executed a plan to do an end-to-end development of VLs to include Concept Design, Instructional Flow, Editorial, UI Design, Illustrations/Animations, Technology, Quality Control, and Deployment.
- Magic demonstrated their knowledge of instructional design and editorial with our pool of IDs and SMEs on different subjects.
- An editorial team was involved to write science content and alternate text for the VLs.
- Framework-based accessibility WCAG 2.0 and a strategy was carved out of making the interactives 100% compliant with 508 standards.
- Component-based development included both a modular and scalable approach.
- A quality assurance team was established with large coverage of environment and devices such as Chromebook, iOS, and Windows.